#Imbringingbirthdaysback



I mentioned the #imbringingbirthdaysback movement the other week so I thought I’d expand a little. It was started by the lovely Shannon West – read her article here.





I was inspired by her story and so I made the decision to hand make all the cards I needed to send this year (and hopefully beyond!). As well as making all my friends and family cards I also signed up to make and send cards to all my fellow Stampin’ Up! Jems for their birthdays! Hopefully I’ll receive lots in return come August!
So here are a couple of cards I’ve made my fellow jems recently followed by a haul I made last week to use up some of the retiring papers I have!



First up are 2 fairly simple cards made using the pretty petals DSP and endless birthday wishes stamp. They are both good for using up strips of paper you may have left over!
    






Next uses the Birthday bouquet suite – the stamp set is staying but the DSP will be retired soon. It also features retiring glitter tape and a scallop circle punch. I love this card and have made a few more since!
  



Next is a card I made for my Stampin’ Up! Grandma Cheryl, it uses my favourite colour - night of navy. I stamped the image on watercolour paper and used aqua painters to colour it with the same colour ink. I was finished off with some clear wink of Stella once dried to give the flower some lovely sparkle!





Finally below are some more simple cards I made last week, they mostly feature retired DSP or stamp sets!
  











I had a fun creative day making all those!!
 
Thanks for reading!

Sam x
 

Comments

Popular Posts